Over the past eight months Makerhood has grown into a passionate, enthusiastic community of makers and supporters.
Until now, the bulk of project organising has been done by a core group of volunteers. We’re now opening it up so that anyone who’d like to get involved could help Makerhood grow even further.
It’s a great opportunity for you to learn some new skills, meet new people – and have fun!
So we’re planning to hold a meeting for anyone who’s interested in helping in the following areas:
- Organising stalls at markets
- Organising local makers’ forums/networking events
- Helping with publicity/PR
- Forming links with local community groups/councils
- Website work (dealing with user queries, helping with curations).
The idea is to form working groups in each area, with help and guidance as needed from Kristina, Karen or Kim.
So if you want to be involved, we’re meeting in Kaff Bar on Wednesday 4 April at 7pm. The Kaff Bar can be found at 64-68 Atlantic Road, London, SW9 8PY. Be there or be square!
If you’re interested but can’t make it that day, email us on email@example.com, and we’ll get back to you.