We’re planning a makers’ event in West Norwood on the evening of 26 July, before everyone disappears for the summer.
John Price has very kindly offered the Portico Gallery, along with drinks and nibbles.
At our first meeting in West Norwood in April, the makers who came discussed various ideas for an event, including the following:
- an impromptu exhibition, where everyone brings one of their
- products to put on display, talks to other makers and gets feedback
- an expert on using social media
- an expert on running making workshops for adults and children
- a speaker from West Norwood Feast.
We also thought it would be fun to have an interactive space where everyone can contribute to a drawing/collage/painting on a particular theme, eg London 2012.
We need your help
For this event to happen, we need your help! If you can help with any of the following, please let us know:
- volunteering as a speaker (yourself or someone else who is interested!)
- helping set up on the day
- promoting the event in advance
- helping organise the interactive activity.
If you have any other ideas or comments, do get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
I will be out of London next week but will try to respond to emails as promptly as possible. If there’s enough interest in the event going ahead, we’ll hold a planning meeting the week after, probably 18 July, to confirm plans and details.