Update: we are full for Brixton, Vauxhall, Tulse Hill & Streatham SG members. Now looking for 1-2 members from Norwood/Crystal Palace area and Waterloo/North Lambeth/Kennington area.
If you follow this blog you probably know that we’re working to extend Makerhood to other parts of Lambeth. We’d love to see makers thrive everywhere in our borough and more locally-made goods available – it’s great for our community, our local economy and our environment.
As you can probably imagine, this project involves asking many questions, from “What does local mean to different people?” to “Who should we talk to in this area to make things happen?” We’ve learned a lot during the past two years in Brixton and Norwood, but there’s plenty more to learn as we’re moving into new territory!
So we’d like to ask for your help. We’re bringing together a steering group of around 10 people to help shape, direct and support the Makerhood Lambeth project. We’re looking for representation from different parts of Lambeth and a mix of skills – so whatever your location and profession, if you’d like to help us, please apply!
What being a steering group member involves:
- 1-3 hours a week voluntary time commitment during late October-early December 2013 (you’re welcome to stay involved after but we don’t want to overburden people!)
- Taking part in steering group meetings to shape and direct the project every 2 or 3 weeks
- Being an ambassador for Makerhood – telling people about it and helping make local connections
What’s in it for you, you ask?
- Meet other wonderful local people, makers and businesses – all interested in creativity, making and sustainability.
- Help make something great happen in your neighbourhood!
- Have fun. No, really – we have lots of fun at our meetings and events. We’re a friendly bunch 🙂
- Learn new skills like event management or social media (or whatever you like, there’s always plenty to do!).
If you’d like to join the steering group, please email us to email@example.com with a few sentences about yourself including where you’re based.
We look forward to hearing from you!