Anita Thorpe of Diverse Gifts, Brixton, has certainly had a stressful few weeks.
Why? Well, she’s been working with Makerhood on the second annual Christmas promotion of local makers – but of course, that has all gone very smoothly. 😉
No – the main reason is because she’s moved shop. It may be just around the corner (from Atlantic Road to 390 Coldharbour Lane), but late-running building work caused several delays. And even now there’s still work to be done – Anita says she may have to come in over the holidays to oversee a new parquet floor being laid.
Despite this, the shop is looking good – larger, lighter and brighter than the old one, and with a tempting range of work by local makers, including Makerhood.
In fact, Makerhoodies have their own special section of the shop, with lovely work for sale including:
- bags and leather accessories by Opian
- art and cards by Gabriela Szulman
- jewellery by Caddee
- photographic prints and jewellery by Runny Custard
- illustrations and books by Dreamy Me
- skincare products by Fresh & Pure
- jewellery by Elena Hall
- cushions and knitted/felted accessories by Prillywear
- illustrations, wrapping paper and cards by Kaylene Alder
- indigo-dyed shibori scarves by Flextiles
- cards by Prickle Press
- artwork by Papillon.
So if you’re looking for locally made Christmas presents, pop along to Diverse Gifts, 390 Coldharbour Lane, Brixton SW9 8LF. The shop is open Mon-Sat 10am-7pm, Sun 11am-5pm.