Would you like to make a difference in Lambeth, South London, and beyond working a brilliant creative network? Express interest by 18 July.
Having grown from a tiny local project to a thriving creative network we’re expanding our group of directors to steer the next stage in Makerhood‘s development. We are a social enterprise and a community of makers and artists in Lambeth and Camberwell, supporting local making, creativity and skills.
In the five years since our launch we have:
- Grown a Lambeth-wide network of makers, community members and partners who share our mission
- Held over 50 popular events for makers setting up or growing their businesses
- Organised many fun community events such as Making Uncovered attended by 600+ people in 2014
- Created numerous opportunities for local makers, teaming up with fantastic partners such as the Southbank Centre’s Women of The World market, Love Your Local Markets campaign, Diverse Gift shop, Brixton Market Traders Association and many others.
- Collaborated with local friends such as the Remakery, Brixton Pound and Crafty Fox Market and global organisations like Etsy
- Contributed to national thinking on the future of making through the Create Connect Sustain project and the RSA’s Power of Small programme.
There are many possibilities open to Makerhood – the new Board of directors will collectively update our future strategy.
Who can become a Director?
The project has been steered by 3 directors with the help of our wonderful volunteers. We’re now looking for new directors to join us with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Marketing, communications and social media
- Running a business and/or developing a product or service
- IT / software / web skills
- Finance, legal skills and/or corporate governance skills
- Other skills we haven’t thought of but you feel relevant!
We’d love you to be positive, friendly, committed to diversity, and happy to take responsibility in running the project with us.
These are voluntary posts with around 0.5 days per week commitment.
If you’re interested, please fill in this form by Monday 18 July.